Friday 25 June 2010

Using the dongle for real!

In Birmingham to speak to RTBI National Council tomorrow. Hardly a training walk but a long walk nevertheless around Birmingham in the sun looking for a shop that might sell a lead from my camera to the computer! I left mine at home yesterday which doesn't help! I'm told that it is possible to download pictures directly through the Dongle: we shall have to try!

It's hard to believe, but we couldn't find anywhere in central Birmingham that sold camera's or computers! There are thousands of bars, restaurants and clothes shops and I have to admit that we had a wonderful lunch at Coste Brasserie in the Gas Street Basin. Highly recommended for food and the friendliest staff I have met in a long while.

Last night Yvonne and I attended the 'Music for Hero's' concert in Leicester along with IPP Richard Matthews and his wife Barbara. I'm pleased to say that we were joined by a goodly number of 41 Club members from around the Leicester area.

The RAF band was superb and gave us an evening to remember. It really was stirring stuff and a privilege to be there. Ken Bruce from Radio 2 gave 41 Club a mention and we got a warm round of applause from the capacity audience for the £140,000 we raised for Richard's Presidential charity last year - 'Help for Hero's'.

4 walk polo shirts sold already to my walking partner Hugh Milward and his wife Shan. Yvonne bought another 2! Still quite a few for sale to those who join us over the next 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment